What is that StartupMaximizer?
Must you removeStartupMaximizer from your Windows operating system if your desktop is blocked by the fake scan window of this threat. To put it clearly, StartupMaximizer is a rogue pretending to be reliable and useful anti-virus software. It is quite confusing as StartupMaximizer makes you believe that it is created to help you and free your system from viruses, though, oppositely, this rogue is virus itself. After StartupMaximizer is activated, you are shown a warning which seems really trustworthy. The warning of StartupMaximizer says that the system scan was made and that quite a lot of viruses were found on your system. Hence, you may fall for this message which is a complete lie. Please, do not believe in the false scan and do not buy the full version of the offered removal software. Delete StartupMaximizer as it is the only way to have your system cleaned.
How does StartupMaximizer come to Windows operating system?Download Removal Toolto remove StartupMaximizer
You may find StartupMaximizer on computer in case you have recently opened an infected email and visited the suggested website. What is more, you can get StartupMaximizer onto your system after you download any software which has this rogue bundled. False video codecs and updates of the system are also the options to get StartupMaximizer attached to Windows system. After the malignant StartupMaximizer joins the system, you are displayed a false scanner which you should ignore. If you rely on the rogue, you put your computer into trouble as the hazardous virus will only keep spreading itself. What you have to do is to immediately get rid of StartupMaximizer.The data related is given in the last passage of this StartupMaximizer removal guide.
How does StartupMaximizer act?
As introduced above, the aim of StartupMaximizer is to persuade you waste your money by purchasing the full version of the suggested “useful” anti-malware. The process is begun with the fake system scan window which covers your computer screen and states that you have caught a number of dangerous threats. In order to have all the viruses deleted, the warning shown by StartupMaximizer claims that you have to buy an anti-spyware which costs a particular sum of money. This is the main requirement if you want to have your system clean and safe again. The user is told that the removal software won’t start cleaning the system until he/she doesn’t pay a required sum of money to get the reputable removal tool with its full capacity. Truly, its pity to say that if you see such a note on your Windows desktop it means you really have a virus which has to be removed. You are obliged to remove StartupMaximizer rogue out of PC. The fake system scan window is a sign of the presence of StartupMaximizer.
How to remove StartupMaximizer?
Even if you are quite a well-experienced in computing, we do not suggest you to keep performing manual StartupMaximizer removal. The thing is that StartupMaximizer rogue is deceitful enough to leave some remains in the system even after you try to manually remove it. It means that if you rely on the automatic procedure to eliminate StartupMaximizer, you can be sure that the procedure will be completed successfully. For this, you have to implement the recommended malware and spyware removal tool SpyHunter. This software will help you to erase StartupMaximizer in the fastest possible way. Leave SpyHunter on the Windows system, so you will be sure that you have a tool which you can fully count on anytime.Download Removal Toolto remove StartupMaximizer
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- StartupMaximizer Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
- Slows internet connection
- StartupMaximizer Shows commercial adverts
- Common StartupMaximizer behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the StartupMaximizer browser extension
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
StartupMaximizer effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 25%
- Windows 7 22%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 46%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in StartupMaximizer.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove StartupMaximizer from Windows
Remove StartupMaximizer from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove StartupMaximizer from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove StartupMaximizer from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove StartupMaximizer from Your Browsers
Remove StartupMaximizer from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete StartupMaximizer from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with StartupMaximizer (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate StartupMaximizer from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to StartupMaximizer) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.