What is that Search9?
Should you remove Search9 page which was brought to the system by Search9 browser hijacker. Apart from annoying and uncomfortable redirections, Search9 influences more changes in your Windows operating system. As you have new page set as your startup, you can often get modified search results which means that the given information is not always true. Moreover, you can be bothered by some ads offering various kinds of goods and making you click on it. However, we are obliged to inform you that such ads contain a lot of hidden viruses and if you don’t want to catch some, you better skip these ads and remove Search9 browser hijacker. Delete the threat immediately, if you don’t want to end up in the total system crash as some other malware are about to join Search9.
How does Search9 manage to become the part of the system?
Search9, as any other browser hijacker has a feature to intrude the system silently.This happens when you decide that you need some additional software on your PC and download it. Search9is bundled with the applications, usually, freeware, and starts its activities. On the other hand, user is the only one responsible for the items that are added to the system and can really prevent such cases. The way to do this is to observe how the installation goes and do not agree that Search9 can be attached to the system. The other source of Search9 is the infected spam which you can get any time. Well, this means you only have to be more attentive and think before you perform any actions while working with your PC. What you have to do now is to solve the current hijacker situation perform immediate Search9 removal procedure.Download Removal Toolto remove Search9
How does Search9 perform?
Undoubtedly, as you have Search9 on Windows operating system, you can easily define some of the features of the hijacker’s behavior. Well, you would probably begin with the changed startup page which is now Search9 as well as search engine. Besides, when the hijacker is on computer you can face a lot of advertisements containing various messages and images. NOTE: think twice before clicking on it as it can be the beginning of the total system crash. Since Search9 is not useful at all and you cannot use it as a search provider, you should get rid of it. In order to protect your system, operate Search9 removal as soon as you can. How to remove Search9? After finishing reading the previous passages, the first thing you need to do is to delete Search9 one and for all. As your goal is not to leave any remains of this browser hijacker, you must focus on two removal procedures – manual and automatic. The tips of the manual procedure are given below, where you have to fix your browser and get rid of Search9 page which is now set as your search engine. Later on, install an automatic virus removal tool named Spyhunter and to get rid of Search9 as well as any other threats found.
How to delete Search9 from my browser?
How to remove Search9 from Internet Explorer
- Press on Alt+X → then Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings selection → go for Reset.
- In order to confirm your actions click on Close → OK.
How to remove Search9 from Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Firefox browser → and Help section.
- Find Troubleshooting information → double-click on Reset Firefox.
- End up with Finish.
How to remove Search9 from Google Chrome
- Press on Alt+F → move to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page selection → move to Set pages.
- Delete Search9 and choose the new site to be your home page.
- Confirm with OK and move to Search.
- Navigate to Manage search → select a new search engine and delete Search9.
- Approve with Done.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search9 browser extension
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Search9 Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Slows internet connection
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Changes user's homepage
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
Search9 effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 37%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search9.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Search9 from Windows
Remove Search9 from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search9 from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search9 from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search9 from Your Browsers
Remove Search9 from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search9 from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search9 (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search9 from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search9) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.