What is that Search-shield.com?
Should you remove Search-shield.com page which was brought to the system by Search-shield.com browser hijacker. Apart from annoying and uncomfortable redirections, Search-shield.com influences more changes in your Windows operating system. As you have new page set as your startup, you can often get modified search results which means that the given information is not always true. Moreover, you can be bothered by some ads offering various kinds of goods and making you click on it. However, we are obliged to inform you that such ads contain a lot of hidden viruses and if you don’t want to catch some, you better skip these ads and remove Search-shield.com browser hijacker. Delete the threat immediately, if you don’t want to end up in the total system crash as some other malware are about to join Search-shield.com.
How does Search-shield.com manage to become the part of the system?Download Removal Toolto remove Search-shield.com
Search-shield.com, as any other browser hijacker has a feature to intrude the system silently.This happens when you decide that you need some additional software on your PC and download it. Search-shield.comis bundled with the applications, usually, freeware, and starts its activities. On the other hand, user is the only one responsible for the items that are added to the system and can really prevent such cases. The way to do this is to observe how the installation goes and do not agree that Search-shield.com can be attached to the system. The other source of Search-shield.com is the infected spam which you can get any time. Well, this means you only have to be more attentive and think before you perform any actions while working with your PC. What you have to do now is to solve the current hijacker situation perform immediate Search-shield.com removal procedure.
How does Search-shield.com perform?
Undoubtedly, as you have Search-shield.com on Windows operating system, you can easily define some of the features of the hijacker’s behavior. Well, you would probably begin with the changed startup page which is now Search-shield.com as well as search engine. Besides, when the hijacker is on computer you can face a lot of advertisements containing various messages and images. NOTE: think twice before clicking on it as it can be the beginning of the total system crash. Since Search-shield.com is not useful at all and you cannot use it as a search provider, you should get rid of it. In order to protect your system, operate Search-shield.com removal as soon as you can. How to remove Search-shield.com? After finishing reading the previous passages, the first thing you need to do is to delete Search-shield.com one and for all. As your goal is not to leave any remains of this browser hijacker, you must focus on two removal procedures – manual and automatic. The tips of the manual procedure are given below, where you have to fix your browser and get rid of Search-shield.com page which is now set as your search engine. Later on, install an automatic virus removal tool named Spyhunter and to get rid of Search-shield.com as well as any other threats found.Download Removal Toolto remove Search-shield.com
How to delete Search-shield.com from my browser?
How to remove Search-shield.com from Internet Explorer
- Press on Alt+X → then Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings selection → go for Reset.
- In order to confirm your actions click on Close → OK.
How to remove Search-shield.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Firefox browser → and Help section.
- Find Troubleshooting information → double-click on Reset Firefox.
- End up with Finish.
How to remove Search-shield.com from Google Chrome
- Press on Alt+F → move to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page selection → move to Set pages.
- Delete Search-shield.com and choose the new site to be your home page.
- Confirm with OK and move to Search.
- Navigate to Manage search → select a new search engine and delete Search-shield.com.
- Approve with Done.
- Search-shield.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search-shield.com browser extension
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Search-shield.com Shows commercial adverts
Search-shield.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 28%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 32%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search-shield.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Search-shield.com from Windows
Remove Search-shield.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search-shield.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search-shield.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search-shield.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search-shield.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search-shield.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search-shield.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search-shield.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search-shield.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.