What is that GeoSmartDNS?
You have to know that you are dealing with removable GeoSmartDNS if you have recently noticed quite a lot of pup-ups of this adware. You can assume that GeoSmartDNS is present on your system if each time you open a new tab on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome you see advertisements of the presented adware. GeoSmartDNS intruder can be truly called PUP which means it is a potentially unwanted program. This adware is created in order to give away money out of confiding users who have no idea what is happening on their computers. You should be informed that GeoSmartDNS is not as dangerous as usual malware, but you still have to avoid it. Remove GeoSmartDNS as soon as you are able, if you want to safeguard your Windows operating system.
How can I get GeoSmartDNS on my PC?
Well, there is nothing new about the ways GeoSmartDNS can invade your system as it acts just like some other potentially unwanted applications. This adware joins the system when you download and install any freeware which usually haveGeoSmartDNS hidden inside. Again, you can block the access to the computer if you really want, but for this, you have to focus more on each installation procedure. If you just omit this step, you do not notice that some other items, this time GeoSmartDNS, will be attached to the system and you do not cancel this action. Then, you get GeoSmartDNS on the system which is quite an irritating adware. Please, be more attentive in the future as you can get even more dangerous threats which sometimes influence the brake of the system. If you don’t want to continue operating your PC with pop-up advertisements disturbing you every time, perform GeoSmartDNS removal.Download Removal Toolto remove GeoSmartDNS
How does GeoSmartDNS perform?
Since you were previously told, now you know that GeoSmartDNS is created in order to generate money. The more you click on the shown advertisements, the more money cyber criminals earn. GeoSmartDNS normally collects data about your browsing and then displays you appropriate ads which you may become interested in. these ads can be very different, such as mentioned pop-ups, pop-unders, shortcuts created on your Windows desktop or in-text link ads. No matter which type of GeoSmartDNS ad you see most of the times, none of them should be relied on. If the fact that you are constantly observed by the interested parties is not acceptable for you, do not waste your time and immediately get rid of GeoSmartDNS as it can also make your browsing sessions more pleasant.
How to remove GeoSmartDNS?
While you are concerned with the total GeoSmartDNS removal, we would like to educate you that in order to accomplish this, you must take two steps. Begin with the manual removal and delete/uninstall GeoSmartDNS by using the tips given at the end of this article. We would like to draw your attention that the guides are different and you have to choose one of them taking into account your Windows version. After this, eliminate GeoSmartDNS automatically, by installing and employing Spyhunter removal tool. You will be pleased by the results as there will be no remains of GeoSmartDNS left in the system.
How to delete GeoSmartDNS from computer?
Use the guide on the grounds of the Windows versions installed on your computer:
How to remove GeoSmartDNS from Windows 8?
- Press on Windows (you will be provided with Start).
- Type in control panel; and click on Control Panel.
- Select and option named Uninstall a program; Remove GeoSmartDNS.
How to remove GeoSmartDNS from Windows XP?
- Go to Start; choose Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Unmark GeoSmartDNS; finish with Remove.
- Changes user's homepage
- GeoSmartDNS Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- GeoSmartDNS Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- GeoSmartDNS Shows commercial adverts
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Common GeoSmartDNS behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the GeoSmartDNS browser extension
GeoSmartDNS effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 36%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in GeoSmartDNS.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove GeoSmartDNS from Windows
Remove GeoSmartDNS from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove GeoSmartDNS from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove GeoSmartDNS from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove GeoSmartDNS from Your Browsers
Remove GeoSmartDNS from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete GeoSmartDNS from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with GeoSmartDNS (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate GeoSmartDNS from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to GeoSmartDNS) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.